Welcome to my mutterings to life in general and all that Jazz!

So this is my attempt at the wonderful world of blogging!

It will contain my ramblings of life, hopes, dreams and a smattering of what makes me smile!

So grab a cupcake, (hopefully one with zillions of buttercream!) a cup of tea and sit back and take yourself out from this busy life for a few moments................................

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hawaii Five O - A time to reflect

Well this year, I will be hitting the big Hawai 50 - Yes I feel I must now 'grow up' and accept the fact that the scary number is upon me.

So should I hide away and go into a depression, No having none of that!  In true Ellie style I have compiled 50 things that I will try to fulfil this year.  I suppose, I'm not as daring as I was in my 'youth' my bungee jumping days, leaping out of planes are now beyond me, and with three children each day I get more and more aware of my own mortality.

So in my 50th year I would like to be more serene? (not  a chance) Calmer (I would not know calm if it came at me on a number 8 bus).  Actually, I just want to embrace this new decade and like twice before when I have had life changing  moments, I will use this in a positive way.

So my 50 challenges are written down and I am ticking them off as I go, I'm not sure if to achieve all fifty is realistic, but I will give it a bloody good go!

So the first one I have started is to join the WI - now before everyone thinks I have joined the Jam and Jerusalem brigade fear not (although I quite like making jam!), we have a few meetings near us, one I feel I am not yet 'old enough' to join and the other I feel I may be one of the older members (so that is where I am heading on Thursday with my lovely neighbour Angie).  We had discussed this at the end of last year, but with Christmas and everything else decided it would be a 2012 project.

So this is where I am heading:-


More details can be found on there Face book group
I think  it is such a cool logo!

I will post more about it, once I have been and met everyone, they meet monthly so I should be able to manage that. Of all the things on my list, this so far is the one I am most excited about!  After all, I love cake making, sewing, crafting so watch this space!


I have also booked myself on two photography courses, which I am really looking forward to. I will blog about this once I have been on them.

And the next thing off my list is to do more networking!  I will post about this after I have been to me first meeting!.

So bring it on, I'm not fifty for a few months yet, but I will embrace this new time and look forward to all that this year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment